Please click here to download the latest VI License formsOFFICIAL MARRIAGE LICENSE INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE follow these instructions carefully as the Territorial Court is very strict about the exactness of the forms. These forms must be filled out entirely by the bride & groom. Please DO NOT abbreviate. Ideally the forms should be in our office at least 45 days prior to the wedding.
You can type these forms right on your computer if you have the Microsoft Excel program. (If you don’t let us know)
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE
• Both bride & groom must fill out lines 1-16 and 27-30.
• Please note in spaces 3a and 10a - COMPLETE street address & city.
• Space 3b & 10b asks for your COUNTY, NOT COUNTRY.
• Please note in spaces 3c and 10c the STATE AND ZIP CODE is required.
• Please note in spaces 4a and 11a the STATE only is required.
• Please note in spaces 4b and 11b the MONTH has to be typed out. i.e.: January 22, 1968
• Spaces 5 & 12 require dashes in the social security number.
• All names require first, middle & last (Maiden for female)
• 6b, 7b, 13b, & 14b is State only (or country if born outside the US)
• Space 8b either type your maiden last name or “Same as 8a”.
• The last two lines on the page have to be filled out.
NO signatures are required when submitting the forms to our office. All forms will require your signature when swearing in at the courthouse.
If neither of you have been married before you can email the forms to us & you are done.
IN THE CASE OF PRIOR MARRIAGE
If either applicant is divorced the court requires a CERTIFIED copy of the divorce decree. (This can be obtained by contacting the court that issued the divorce).
If either applicant is widowed, a CERTIFIED copy of the death certificate is required.
Please mail appropriate documentation along with completed License and Certificate of Marriage to E&C Weddings.
What to look for when checking Divorce Decrees:
1. Statement that marriage has ended. (Dissolved, Divorce, Annulled… etc.)
2. Judges signature
3. Certified Stamp, with original signature (It could say this is a True Copy instead)
4. Please Note *VERY Important* Vital Statistics or Vital Records will NOT be accepted by the court.
Note: Your divorce decrees are retained by the court upon filing.
USE THE ADDRESS THAT CORRESPONDS WITH THE METHOD OF SHIPPING: It is Very Important to use 1of these 2 methods.
EXPRESS MAIL through US Postal Service:
P.O. BOX 11694
ST. THOMAS, USVI 00801
RED ROCK ROAD
ST. THOMAS, USVI 00802
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND OTHER SHIPPING COMPANIES AS THEY ARE NOT NEARLY AS RELIABLE.
We process all the paperwork, make all the reservations and no blood test is required. You simply have to swear in at the courthouse once on St. Thomas, a photo ID is required. The licensing fees are included in all of our package prices.